Auto Body Technician or Auto Body Technician Apprentice
Surgenor Gatineau Chevrolet Cadillac is currently seeking a motivated Auto Body Technician or Auto Body Technician Apprentice to join our busy Carstar Gatineau Collision Centre to help meet the demand of our valued customers.
In business for over 50 years, the Surgenor Automotive Group is a family-owned company that continually strives to provide the best possible customer service which is only made possible with our amazing team. We pride ourselves in helping our staff grow both professionally and personally with our top-notch management team and on-going training. A good work life balance is something we strive to deliver. We have a history of long-term staff retention, which is a testament to the way we do business and the value we place on each and every employee.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Determine vehicle repair and/or restoration requirements
· Review damage reports, prepare and review repair cost estimates and plan work to be performed
· Dismantle and repair vehicles as per insurance guidelines and standards at the collision repair shop
· Use frame machines to straighten bent frames and unitized bodies
· Remove badly damaged sections of vehicles (for example, roof, rear body panels) and attach new sections
· Repair damage to body panels and components made of a variety of materials
· Repair or replace interior and exterior components such as instrument panels, seat frame assemblies, carpets and floorboard insulation, trim panels and mouldings
· Strong automotive knowledge
· Willing to stand for extended periods, heavy lifting up to 70 lbs.
· Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles
· Excellent time management & organizational skills with keen attention to detail
· Possess a valid driver’s license
· Understand safe working and driving practices
· Ability to work well with a team
· Self-motivated with the ability to work with little supervision
What we offer
· Full-time, permanent position
· Plenty of available hours
· Competitive pay plan
· Positive work environment with superior management support
· Employee discounts
· Group benefits
Start your application today!
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses to this advertisement, we wish to thank in advance all applicants. Only those candidates under consideration for an interview will be contacted.
Automotive Service Technician/ Automotive Service Technician Apprentice
Tired of waiting for your next job to roll? Looking to grow with a reputable shop that provides all the necessary training to become an industry professional? Look no further!
Surgenor Gatineau Chevrolet Cadillac is currently seeking a motivated technician to join our busy Service Department to help meet the demand of our valued customers.In business for over 50 years, the Surgenor Automotive Group is a family-owned company that continually strives to provide the best possible customer service which is only made possible with our amazing team. We pride ourselves in helping our staff grow both professionally and personally with our top-notch management team and on-going training. A good work life balance is something we strive to deliver. We have a history of long-term staff retention, which is a testament to the way we do business and the value we place on each and every employee.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent Full-Time, Apprenticeship
Salary: Very competitive and based on knowledge and experience
Paint prepper and Paint Prepper Apprentice
The Paint Prepper duties are:
- Wash vehicles to remove dirt, oil, grease and debris from painted
- Locate and remove imperfections on panels prior to painting. Treat scratched and chipped areas with plastic or liquid
- Apply paper and masking tape to protect unpainted surfaces, such as bumpers, windows, chrome trim, and other parts while surrounding areas are spray-painted.
- Smooth unmasked surfaces with sandpaper removing gloss from previous coats of paint. Sand rough
- After vehicle is painted, remove masking tape, and clean Move vehicle to designated area for buffing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Lead Painter, g., clean paint room or booths, etc.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs
- Responsible for providing and maintaining own set of hand tools, including air sanders, air wrenches, miscellaneous air tools and spray
- Vocational/technical school Prior vehicle prepping experience preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and good driving record
- ASE, I-CAR, or BASF (waterborne) certifications a
- Regularly required to stand and
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds (light hand tools, )
- Manual dexterity, repetitive motion
- May be exposed to toxic
- Moderate noise levels
- Respirators or other protective equipment
- Self -starter with team oriented attitude
- Valid driver's license required
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Actual schedule is dictated by volume of repairs.
Parts and Accessories Manager
Brief description of the position
Achieve a return on dealer investment based on department goals for parts inventory. Achieve set goals using means such as appropriate purchasing methods, inventory management, human resource engagement, security, pricing, merchandising, presentation and advertising.
The main duties are listed below, but the incumbent may be assigned to other duties.
• Establish departmental objectives in collaboration with his superior and achieve them.
• Manage the department's annual operating budget.
• Control the reports and the productivity of the sales of his department. Develop and use a computer report tracking lost sales for his department.
• Analyze sales, expense and inventory reports on a monthly basis to ensure profitability targets.
• Manage the wholesale parts program to generate profit.
• Maintain a balanced inventory, in line with the needs of the after-sales service, body shop, wholesale customers and the general public. Control and adjust inventory in order to minimize obsolescence.
• Ensure that the parts inventory corresponds to __6__ bearings per year.
• Collaborate with the after-sales service manager, the bodywork manager and accounting to ensure the efficient rotation of the parts necessary for the execution of the work in-house (workshop).
• Ensure that the same high level of quality of service granted to external customers is also granted to internal customers of the company.
• Deal with customer complaints on the spot, as directed by the dealership and / or general manager.
• Ensure effective communications within his department as well as with other departments. Seek harmony and team spirit with all other services.
Tasks related to purchasing and pricing
• Maintain an efficient inventory management system (special orders, parts returns, rush orders, promotions, seasonal orders).
• Track, calculate and record on a monthly basis the dollar value of urgent orders and the accumulation of losses due to the resulting obsolescence.
• Track, calculate and record the dollar value of non-standard orders and the resulting additional cost of sales on a monthly basis.
• Reduce non-standard orders when a replacement product is available, while taking service level into account.
• Order parts.
• Ensure all orders are stored and recorded as directed.
• Manage parts purchases from sources other than the manufacturer.
• Make sure at all times to find the parts in stock or locate them through various sources (manufacturer, dealer or others).
• Establish pricing parameters that generate gross profits large enough to achieve satisfactory profits for each category of customer.
• Maintain the parts price list.
Tasks related to administrative follow-up
• Track and control invoices, accounts receivable, claims and credits to verify accuracy.
• Make sure all parts are labeled correctly so that the dealer can receive full credits from the builder.
• Ensure that credits are given for returned parts.
• Manage parts returns and subtract them from inventory when credits are granted.
• Keep track of the parts to be replaced (under warranty) and the parts to be returned according to the manufacturer's requirements.
• Reconcile the inventory and send a copy to the accounting department at the end of the month.
• Provide the accounting department with information relating to the appreciation and depreciation at the end of the month.
• Provide the accounting department with information relating to complaints in good time in order to establish the list of customer accounts.
• Manage shipping and receiving activities to ensure timely processing.
• Establish and enforce preventive measures against theft in the parts department.
• Manage the annual parts inventory.
Tasks related to human resources management
• Carry out formal performance evaluations of the human resources under his responsibility at fixed intervals.
• Train and motivate the team under his responsibility and participate in its hiring in collaboration with his superior.
• Encourage teamwork in a customer-focused sales environment throughout the sales, delivery and follow-up process.
• Participate in the management of the building as directed by management.
• Participate in directors' meetings.
• Replace parts clerks as needed.
• Present yourself in a professional manner.
• Perform other duties as required and directed by management.
Benefits and Renumeration Package
· Full group plan
· Salary + bonus based on experience and results
Parts Counter Person
Surgenor Gatineau Chevrolet Cadillac continues to build our team with our need to hire a Parts Counter Person.
Experience with ADP/CDK, is definitely ab asset but not required. You must be fluently bilingual (French/English).
The ability to communicate clearly and positively with customers and team members alike, is also a requirement.
Surgenor Gatineau Chevrolet Cadillac is a progressive automotive dealership that offers comprehensive employee benefits such as group plan, dress, clothes etc.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses to this advertisement, we wish to thank in advance all applicants.
Only those candidates under consideration for an interview will be contacted.
Controller – Assistant to the General Manager
Objective: To ensure the profitable operation of Surgenor Gatineau Chevrolet Cadillac.
This will be measured by Market share, Net Income, CSI, REP and Pinnacle performance.
- This person reports to the General Manager and /or Dealer Principle and will have direct reporting from all the accounting staff including the receptionist.
- Financial Statement preparation monthly. FS to be reviewed with GM and Dealer before the ninth working day of the month following. This will be done before submission to General Motors and Scotia Bank.
- Prepare the financial forecast prior to end of previous year with input from all department managers, General Manager and Dealer. The forecast should be broken down monthly.
- Ensure that monthly tax remittances and all government subsidies are paid and collected on prescribed timeframe at all levels (federal, provincial Ontario and Quebec, municipal) including all the Electric Vehicle rebates.
- Review of statement with managers comparing to previous year MTD, YTD and forecast. Managers will in time be able to offer comments on any changes.
- Ensure Dep’t Mgrs. are aware their forecast for the upcoming month. This should include any staffing, promotional activity etc. changes that have been undertaken to achieve forecast.
- Review of REP and Pinnacle targets and levels achieved to date.
- Training targets and levels achieved
- New & Used Inventory levels and aging
- Parts Obsolescence > 12 Months
- Warranty AR both GM and Other Warranties
- Open RO Levels in Service and Body Shop
- Review minutes for all Health & Safety meetings highlighting actionable items and status to date.
- MTD Levels for Market share, unit volume, avg. gross, F&I results, labor hours, Service Sales, Body Shop Sales, Parts Dep’t sales
- Forecast attainment
- Expense analysis
- Receivables review
- Performance issues
Monitor cash position and bulk deposit levels daily to ensure maximizing interest benefit.
Direct involvement in annual parts count including planning, count and subsequent reconciliation of this inventory.
Responsibility for Process and Procedures including documentation and follow-up to ensure are working for the following:
- Written job description for all staff positions
- Sales process
- Service reception process
- Service delivery process
- Body Shop process
- Follow-up processes for all customers i.e., Sales Service, Parts Wholesale and Body Shop.
- All Dealership purchases over $1,000 will be approved by this person before purchase and after, acknowledging the receipt of service or product. This does not include parts purchases that are coded to inventory i.e., 242 or 245.
- This person will be responsible for daily tracking of the CSI daily report for both Sales and Service.
- New Vehicle inventory will be reviewed monthly to ensure there is sufficient stock on ground and on order to meet forecasted demand. Managing our wholesale interest charges will have a major influence on our inventory levels and profitability.
- This person will be an integral part of the advertising strategy. This will include all aspects such as budget determination, ad focus, media choice, etc. All departments will be informed of all advertising campaigns prior to their Kickoff to ensure the total dealership is providing information to our customers in a consistent manner.
- Used inventory should be reviewed monthly to ensure that vehicles are valued, represent a suitable mix, and are totally reconditioned and available for customer demonstration.
- This person will review our internet strategy. This will involve managing the IT for Surgenor Gatineau. Any IT concern will need to be reviewed and approved by the Controller.
- This person will be a liaison with our external accountants, factory representatives, bank representatives etc. and always must be managed in a professional manner.
- All hiring will be done in a manner consistent with the dealership commitment to Employment Equity.
- This person will be dealing with highly confidential dealership information. This must be kept confidential and if in a hard copy form, kept locked except when in use.
- Business attire will be the required dress code.
- This job description is intended as a summary of responsibilities. Other responsibilities may need to be assumed to satisfy the overall position objective.
Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM or such additional time required.