Surgenor Gatineau Chevrolet Cadillac is currently seeking a motivated Auto Body Technician or Auto Body Technician Apprentice to join our busy Carstar Gatineau Collision Centre to help meet the demand of our valued customers.
In business for over 50 years, the Surgenor Automotive Group is a family-owned company that continually strives to provide the best possible customer service which is only made possible with our amazing team. We pride ourselves in helping our staff grow both professionally and personally with our top-notch management team and on-going training. A good work life balance is something we strive to deliver. We have a history of long-term staff retention, which is a testament to the way we do business and the value we place on each and every employee.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Determine vehicle repair and/or restoration requirements
· Review damage reports, prepare and review repair cost estimates and plan work to be performed
· Dismantle and repair vehicles as per insurance guidelines and standards at the collision repair shop
· Use frame machines to straighten bent frames and unitized bodies
· Remove badly damaged sections of vehicles (for example, roof, rear body panels) and attach new sections
· Repair damage to body panels and components made of a variety of materials
· Repair or replace interior and exterior components such as instrument panels, seat frame assemblies, carpets and floorboard insulation, trim panels and mouldings
· Strong automotive knowledge
· Willing to stand for extended periods, heavy lifting up to 70 lbs.
· Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles
· Excellent time management & organizational skills with keen attention to detail
· Possess a valid driver’s license
· Understand safe working and driving practices
· Ability to work well with a team
· Self-motivated with the ability to work with little supervision
What we offer
· Full-time, permanent position
· Plenty of available hours
· Competitive pay plan
· Positive work environment with superior management support
· Employee discounts
· Group benefits
Start your application today!
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses to this advertisement, we wish to thank in advance all applicants. Only those candidates under consideration for an interview will be contacted.